It is spring time -- although you might not know it from the weather -- and it is time for one of the premier educational and networking conferences for the pharmaceutical and medical device defense bar – the DRI Drug and Medical Device Seminar. Your hosts this year include my partner and Drug and Medical Device Committee Chair Scott Sayler, and my old pal Jeffrey A. Holmstrand, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso PLLC, Wheeling, West Virginia.
The 2013 DRI Drug and Medical Device Seminar will be held May 16-17 in New York City at the Sheraton Hotel in Midtown. Most of my readers are familiar with the Seminar and many routinely attend. Here are just a few highlights of the program this year.
• Judge Arnold New of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas will present on recent changes in that busy Court.
• Judge Raymond Lohier of the Second Circuit will speak at the Diversity Luncheon.
• A presentation on how to get the most from Comment K in a medical device case.
• A discussion of the conflict between free speech and off-label promotion.
- Observations from the American Tort Reform Association on tough venues.
Other benefits- I am told in-house counsel can attend for FREE, either as a member of DRI or via sponsorship by an outside counsel. FREE wi-fi in the conference room (so, yes, you can multi-task and read this blog.) All of the usual networking events will be in full swing.
For more information or to register, go to http://www.dri.org/Event/20130070.