Sean P. Wajert is a partner at Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP, and the Managing Partner of Shook's Philadelphia office. He concentrates his complex litigation practice on the defense of companies from a variety of industries, including the chemical, consumer product, drug and medical device industries. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, mass tort, toxic tort and product liability litigation, and appellate work. For a decade he served as Chair of the Products Liability Group of his prior firm. Sean also taught complex litigation issues for ten years as a Lecturer-in-Law at the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Class Actions and Complex Litigation
- Mass Tort Defense
- Global Product Liability Defense
- Toxic Tort Defense
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Defense
- Past Chair of the Mass Torts & Class Actions subcommittee of DRI.
- Member PDI
- Member American Law Institute
- Member IADC
- Fellow American Bar Foundation
- Member American Bar Association
- Member Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Harvard University, B.A. magna cum laude, 1981
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1984
- Editor-in-Chief of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Arlin Adams, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, 1984-85
Awards And Recognitions
- Chambers USA - Ranked in Products Liability "Nationwide"
- The Best Lawyers In America - Mass Tort Litigation
- The Best Lawyers In America - Product Liability Litigation
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Who's Who in American Law